Pediatric Medical Services
At Children's Physicians, we and our friendly staff offer a variety of pediatric medical services:
- Well-child exams from birth to age 21
- School physicals
- Sports and camp physicals
- Medical clearances for surgery
- Treatment for acute and chronic illnesses
- Inpatient hospital care for our newborns
What is a Pediatrician?
A pediatrician is a physician whose specific specialty is caring for children from birth to 21 years of age. Pediatricians address acute and chronic illnesses, learning disabilities, behavioral issues, and the growth and development of children. Our goal is to help ensure that children grow mentally and physically into healthy and happy adults.
What is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner?
A pediatric nurse practitioner is a registered nurse with advanced academic and clinical education in pediatric health care, pharmacology, child development and family dynamics. PNPs work in collaboration with physicians as well as other health and social service professionals. They provide a wide range of high qualiy, cost-effective, primary health care services for children from birth through young adulthood.
In order to help educate you about normal growth and development at each stage of your child's life, we have provided you with information that discuss these topics for each age group.
For more information about other health concerns and topics, please visit the entire Pediatric Advisor library .
- Martin County Community Resources
- Palm Beach County Community Resources
- Nicklaus Children's Hospital Classes
- NIcklaus Children's Hospital Injury Prevention Programs