When was the last time your child received their vaccine?
Vaccines play a key role in keeping your children healthy, and maintaining the advised schedule with your Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter and Palm City, FL, pediatrician is important, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics and Centers for Disease Control And Prevention.
More About Vaccines:
If parents are uncomfortable with the number of vaccines needed, your Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter and Palm City doctor understands. During your child's well visit, you can discuss options to slow down the vaccination schedule. A modified schedule that meets the AAP and CDC's requirements can be reached with the help of your doctor.
Here's a schedule you can follow:
- Children from 0-6 years have a schedule
- Children from 7-18 years have a schedule
- There's even a Catch-up Schedule for people who have started late and are more than 1 month behind
Vaccines your Child Needs:
Vaccines play a role in providing the necessary preventative health needs for your child. Some examples of vaccines include the following:
- Hepatitis B1 (HepB)
- Rotavirus2 (RV) RV1, which consists of a 2-dose series and RV5, which consists of a 3-dose series)
- Diphtheria, tetanus, & acellular pertussis3 (DTaP for individuals less than 7 years)
- Hepatitis A10 (HepA)
- Meningococcal11 (MenACWY-D for individuals who are 9 months or older, while MenACWY-CRM is for individuals who are 2 months or older)
- Tetanus, diphtheria, & acellular pertussis13 (Tdap for individuals who are 7 years or older)
- Human papillomavirus14 (HPV)
- Meningococcal B12
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide5 (PPSV23)
- Haemophilus influenzae type b4 (Hib)
- Pneumococcal conjugate5 (PCV13)
- Inactivated poliovirus6 (IPV for individuals less than 18 years)
- Influenza7 (IIV)
- Measles, mumps, rubella8 (MMR)
- Varicella9 (VAR)
There are other diseases not mentioned but for a full list, you can visit this website: Immunization Schedules for 2018.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child's immunization schedule and need to consult a pediatrician, don't hesitate to call your Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter and Palm City, FL, doctor today. Your child's health is a priority.