How the pediatricians in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, can keep your child healthy
You need to know the truth about immunizations, and the truth is, immunizations are the safe, effective way to prevent many serious diseases and keep your child healthy. Your pediatricians at Children’s Physicians in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, offer a wide range of services including the immunizations your child needs to stay healthy. They have several convenient office locations in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, and Palm City, FlL, to help you and your child.
There are some important facts you need to know about the vaccines used to immunize your child:
- Vaccines work to prevent disease; in fact they are 90% to 99% effective in preventing disease and have saved millions of lives in the last 50 years.
- Vaccines are safe for your child; in fact, they are rigorously tested by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), reviewed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American Academy of Family Physicians before they are ever released for public use.
- Vaccines are required; in fact, your child cannot attend daycare or school without proper verification that your child has received the necessary immunizations.
So, what immunizations does your child need? The CDC publishes a list of current recommendations of childhood immunizations from birth to 18 years old:
- (Hep B) Hepatitis B
- (Dtap) Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- (Hib) Haemophilus influenza type B
- (IPV) Polio
- (PCV13) Pneumococcal conjugate
- (RV) Rotavirus
- (MMR) Measles, mumps, rubella
- (Varicella) Chickenpox
- (HepA) Hepatitis A
- (HPV) Human papillomavirus
- (MCV4) Meningococcal conjugate
- (Influenza) Flu
Immunizations protect your child, and they also protect you and members of your household, your child’s playmates and schoolmates, teachers, and other adults and children your child comes into contact with. Children are among the most vulnerable to infectious diseases, and the effects are far more serious in children than adults.
Immunizations are easy and effective, and the best way to prevent the spread of serious diseases. To find out more about childhood immunizations and other pediatric services, call the pediatricians at Children’s Physicians, with offices in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, and Palm City, FL. Call today!