How your pediatricians in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, and Palm City, Florida can help your child
Does your child act out with behaviors that are sometimes defiant? Does your child withdraw from you or stop speaking to you? It can be difficult sometimes to know whether your child is just testing boundaries, which is normal, or whether your child’s behaviors require some attention from an expert. That's where the doctors at Children’s Physicians can help. They have convenient office locations in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, and Palm City, Florida, that can all help your child with behavioral issues.
If your child shows any of these troubling signs, child therapy may be able to help:
- Threatening or harming behaviors directed at you, other children, or pets
- Relationship difficulties with teachers and other children
- Frequent feelings of unhappiness or depression
- Anxiety about school, activities, or friendships
- Intentionally damaging or destroying other people’s things
- Stealing, or frequently lying and arguing
- Defiance and hostility toward authority figures
- Skipping school or doing poorly in class
- Early smoking, drinking, or drug use
Additionally, there are other signs which could indicate attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD. ADHD can affect your child into adulthood, compromising their ability to learn and succeed in life. Child therapy and other treatments can help with ADHD, but it must first be diagnosed. Some common signs of ADHD include:
- Talking, gesturing, or squirming excessively
- Forgetting or losing thing frequently
- Daydreaming and inability to focus on completing a task
- Frequently making mistakes or being careless
Acting out, defiance, and occasionally withdrawing from you can be normal signs of your child growing up and testing boundaries. The only way to determine if your child can benefit from child therapy is to speak with your pediatrician.
Concerned? Give Us a Call
Your pediatrician wants to partner with you to ensure that your child reaches developmental milestones at the appropriate time, and is successful and happy. If you are wondering whether your child needs therapy, talk with your pediatrician. Just pick up the phone and call the doctors at Children’s Physicians, with offices in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, and Palm City, Florida!